So, I was scheduled to have my blood work and ultrasound last Friday, and the plan was to fly to Denver Wednesday, with a transfer on Friday.
Well….that’s not going to happen. As you know, my E2 level was low the previous week. The good news is that the meds have fixed it!! My E2 is now right where it should be. HOWEVER; my lining is not thick enough. I knew when I left the Dr’s office Friday it was only at 7 (my last transfer it was already 8.5) so I wasn’t terribly shocked when I got the call from CCRM that we were going to postpone. Weird because I’ve never had lining issues. (A fertilized egg needs the lining of the uterus to be a certain thickness to implant and begin growing.) I have to remember that my last transfer was 2 1/2 years ago, and age is NOT your friend when it comes to fertility. Anyway…my meds have been upped again, and I have a recheck scheduled for tomorrow morning. If all looks good, we will plan to transfer next Monday!!
Of course I’m disappointed. The waiting and testing is always hard, but this is our last shot. I want everything to be perfect. If that means we wait a few more days, and I take a few more injections, I’m happy to do it.
That’s all I have for now. I’ll post again after my test results come in tomorrow!